It’s been awhile for sure.
Every single time when my busy brain shifted its focus to blog – I was bored. And little displeased of typing! This is the aftermath of being addictive to Instagram & Instagram stories 🙂 Why type when you can share beauty reviews in real-time. Right? I’m a fan of “less effort and big impact” kind of style.
Here today, to talk about 9 makeup & skincare hits that genuinely deserve a blog post! And I truly want you to buy and love them as much as I do. Many would be upgraded to my “repurchase” list.
1. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – is for everyone who dotes glowing skin. I love how it closes the pores, brightens and just turn a fresh layer of skin after 20 mins. Amazing buy! Unfortunately not available in Dubai. I bought mine in Singapore Duty-Free. Nordstrom should be your one-stop buy & if not good old Sephora would do.
2. Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate – another glow-baby but on a different level. For someone who is obsessed with facial oil – this is ‘gold’. Gives smooth, envious-worthy healthy skin without messing up makeup/SPF. Plus, smells lovely, not too heavy on the skin, neither emphasises the pores & hydrating (even for combination skins). If that’s not brilliant, I don’t know what is? You can wear it alone on ‘no-makeup days’, as a serum under moisturiser or mix with foundation.
3. Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen – is the new found love! Simply because it is loaded with Zinc Oxide (used in diaper rash creams + mineral SPF). Which protects from skin cancer, reduce inflammation (in the case of sun burns) and best for rosacea. The matte texture is another reason for you to be happy. No breakouts, great protection & doesn’t mess makeup. The PABA/fragrance-free sunscreen is a must have.
4. DIOR Addict Lip Tattoo in 761 – was a disaster on my lips! Can’t say the same when I’d applied on the cheeks one morning! Who knew right? Since then, I loved using it as a cheek tint. Longevity is outstanding and so is the pigment. Try it out yourself if you already have one.
5. *Clarins Light Lip Comfort Oil in Red Berry – an oldie but Clarins keeps re-promoting these from time-to-time. The lip care oil is just fantastic for dry lips, as a gloss alone and on top of lipstick for added high shine. I personally like to wear this during the night. Lovely add on to La Mer Lip Balm.
6. *NARS Orgasm Liquid Blush – There’s nothing that I don’t love about this product. The watery texture, lasting power and the pigment are just perfect and so is the shade. You can literally blush with this! Since it has micro-shimmer particles I like to pat this on the cheekbones for extra (yet natural) glow. Another must-buy item if you like liquid blushes.
7. MAC Next to Nothing Face Color – one of the best face products I’ve tried this year. The slick texture & below average coverage is alright with me because it helps to nail the off-duty ( no-makeup) skin like a pro. Whilst it’s a must-have for dry skins, combo needs a bit of powder on t-zone as usual. Overall just sensational and really ‘next to nothing’ when worn.
8. Labo Transdermic Intensive Moisturising Cream -is a high-end quality, rich moisturiser with super results at above average drugstore price (AED249), available at the drugstore. Yah! This is obviously for the dry skins, having said that it didn’t break me (combination skin) out. Unless you have extremely dry skin or it’s winter – wouldn’t recommend as a daily moisturiser. I used sporadically when my skin was dehydrated & had dry patches. Why I’m asking you to check this out is, it drenches the skin with heavy rush of moisture the moment you apply and literally is a solid dupe for La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream (review here).
9. *Reine Michi Beauty Moisturising Body Scrub – is simple, effective and re-purchase worthy. After trying this out, I thought why didn’t it hit me to make it at home when the brand has only used 3 simple yet essential ingredients (sugar, coconut oil and lavender oil)! Cheap, wholesome, less abrasive and hydrating. Exclusively sold online – https://www.reinemichibeauty.com/
* Press samples/gifts. However, all opinions on products are my own. I write my honest opinion on all product reviews regardless of how the product came to me. The content of my review is my true and honest experience with the product.