After my experience with Glossier Skin Tint (read it here) was excited to try the new haloscope highlighters. I honestly didn’t think they would be amazing but they certainly are. I mean they are fantastic for the price you pay, on-the-go, super easy to apply, no brainer products.
If you are a massive strobing fanatic then these NOT your thing! You could stick with Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow kits & no one is going to judge you. But if you are looking for a not-overly done, non-sparkly highlight and more of dewy, glossy and “sweaty kind of glow” (above) then just grab these. You need them in your life.
- Simple packaging, quick & “straight from the stick” application
- Handy while traveling
- The balmy texture is super easy to blend. I always use fingertips to pat the product into the skin. This gives more natural look. Even otherwise it doesn’t look greasy at all.
- Lasts well (6+ hours) and work well with normal/dry & combination skins
- Non-hygienic – for some because of the stick application
- Tad bit sticky due to the balmy texture.
- Not great as an eye-shadow base. The oiliness creates a mess.
Even though both shades are universal, these look pretty different on medium skin tone and I assume the same with others as well. This is because, I expected Topaz (bronzy gold) to be the “it” highlighter thinking the warm golden tone would be ideal for my skin tone. But it blended so-well ( too-well rather) & the glow is undetectable. Topaz in that case was bit disappointing. But it is my new secret weapon for #nomakeup makeup look 🙂
Now, Qartz (champagne gold) is the real deal among the two for me. If you take another good look at the #motd photo above (have applied bit heavy), you would understand what I’m saying. It gives a (flawless) dewy-glowy sheen you’d imagine.
Haloscope highlighters are cheaper than a lot of high-end highlighters (loaded with glitter) in the market. Despite these being cheap & less pigmented – you could achieve a gorgeous “dewy” look by using them straight from tube. Highly recommend for everyone.
Purchased from www.glossier.com. Glossier doesn’t ship to UAE but Shop & Ship could help you.