Apologies for the delay in posting my birthday makeup post. As promised here’s how to achieve the look & products I’ve used. Being an year older doesn’t mean you cannot look as glamorous you were when 18? So on this year I went for a simpler look – smoky eyes & nude lips.
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum & Mac Strobe cream– The good mix of two is the first to go on my skin. Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum is super light & preps the skin beautifully for the makeup. Worth investing I would say.. & the smell is out of this world 🙂 On the other hand, Mac Strobe cream is AMAZING. It is such a easy peasy to create the dewy look with it. The product can be used alone as a highlighter (on the bone structure). It’s lovely to mix in with your foundation, to lighten the consistency and to add a healthy sheen to the face. This illuminating moisturising booster instantly brighten ups the face & sets in quickly.
- No 7Beautifully Matte Makeup Base – I only use this on my oily-t zone to cut out all the oiliness before the powder / foundation.
- Benefit Pore Professional – Dabbed a little to cover my pores
- To prep the eye lids I always use Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion. This is by far the best. The crease free color lasts up to 24 hours.
Face: I didn’t use foundation because it was a really HOT (40 degrees+) evening in Dubai.
- I powdered my face with Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder as I was going for very little coverage with natural finish. I won’t taunt you too much with the details on this one, but it’s one those products that you could create the perfect natural finish.
- I then covered dark circles and redness with Chanel Correcteur Perfection in Beige Santal (#40). This gives coverage & longevity.
- Went for a subtle contoured look with Guerlain Terracotta 4 seasons bronzing powder 03 Naturel Brunettes and Bobbie Brown bronzing powder in Natural. It is really dark for me but has a smooth texture and a totally matte finish so I can build color without worrying about shimmer.
- For cheeks I stuck with bright, light, powder formulations. Mac Powder Blush in Pink Swoon was lightly blended into my cheeks.
- Went for dark purple (healthy mix of 3 different shades) smokey eyes & blended a little with Revlon black grow luscious eyeliner on the top lash line.
- I wanted to keep my eyelashes looking fairly dramatic so went ahead with my trusties – Chanel De Volume Mascara & Guerlain Maxi Lash
- For brows, I lightly pencilled with the Lancome brow pencil. I can’t stop going on about, and brushed them through – just to let them know who’s boss.
- For lips I lined them with Mac Boldly bare lip liner and dabbed No7 High Shine Whisper lip gloss to create that soft natural nude lips.
P:S the selfie picture isn’t that great. Taken from iPhone. Nevertheless hope you like the look 🙂