There are 2 kinds of powders – setting and finishing.
(1) Setting powder – is used for setting the foundation. If you’re wearing wet makeup (i.e liquid or cream foundation / blush/ bronzer or even BB cream, tinted moisturizer etc.) underneath then a setting powder helps the wet makeup to settle better.
(2) Finishing powder – is used to dust all over for a glow-y effect and used after setting powder. Perfect for touch ups as it gives the skin a very soft-focus vanishing any visible appearance of fine lines.
- Firstly, it worked wonderfully under the my eyes to set concealer. Didn’t settle into lines
- Secondly, when used all over the face it does a beautiful job of blurring (not correcting or covering) imperfections.
Conclusion -> this translucent and colorless powder is perfect because it does not clog my pores, keep my makeup looking fresh and matte all day. I totally recommend this for people with combination or oily skin. I think this is one great powder if you’re looking for something pressed and transparent. However, you should only use very, very and I repeat very minimum otherwise there are greater chances for you to look like THIS. Not a every-day kind of powder as per my book and I use this specifically for my fashion shoots.
Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana (AED 79/) – is a product that was marked for theatrical makeup and now used by MUA’s & beauty bloggers. I use this product to set my concealer, foundation and basically use as a setting powder. Does it do the job? Hell yes. This is because:
(1) Color – shade ‘banana’ is translucent with yellow undertones (which is perfect for my skin and for others NC20+ darker). Though it looks a lot yellower when its swactched in the picture, it completely blends beautifully.
(2) Performance – powder effect is very long lasting and provides a flawless ‘all-matte’ look throughout the day. It is in other words brilliant. Doesn’t settle in to lines, zero chalkiness and very natural. Based on my experience, I highly recommend it to everyone because Ben Nye has a wide range of powders that offers different results and the performance will as good as Banana (I suppose). So worth looking out for the brand.
Bobbie Brown Sheer Finish Loose powder in Natural Yellow – this is one of my very first that I’ve purchased in the powder category. This is again great powder to settle the foundation. Since it is 100% oil-free this is favorite among oil-combination skins. Love the silky sheer texture of the powder and the ‘natural-looking’ end results it delivers. This is a great option if you can’t find the Ben Nye.