Hot, humid weather, moving houses and back to school had an effect on my weekly blogging stunt! This doesn’t mean I didn’t test any products 🙂 I mean how can that even possible?. There’s a lot I’ve been trying and today I’ll narrow it down to the favorites I’ve used mostly in September. To summarize, it’s all about couple of foundations, a new contour stick, must have eye shadow palette + a face mask and new skin care bits.
I must confess that my recent foundation binge paid off well when I formed a long-term soft spot not for one but 2 great foundations. (1) HOURGLASS Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in Golden & (2) Guerlain LINGERIE DE PEAU Natural Perfection Skin-Fusion Texture Foundation in Warm 03 rocked my entire my September in way that I didn’t even have to look at other opened ones.
I like foundations to be dreamy. Open, slap & whoa great skin kinds! Though Guerlain was that; Hourglass was one of the trickiest foundations I’ve ever tried to date. It takes a bit longer to master! I can’t complain about the insane high coverage it gives that looks natural. And the seamless finish which is almost flawless. But if apply too much, “cakey-pig” effect is a definite! Now you get my point. Once the experimenting period is over – you can’t get enough of this! It’s that good.
(3) DIORBLUSH LIGHT & CONTOUR SCULPTING STICK DUO in 001 Soft Contour – is clearly the winner of Dior Skyline Collection for fall 2016. The simplicity, easy application & creamy texture sealed the permanent place in my vanity. So handy when you are in need of a quick contour or highlighter touch up. I’ve used this many times in the car & able to nail a fuss-free contour 🙂 Not long-wearing as powder contour though. But workable!
(4) MUFE Liquid Brow Definer was another hit at the brow department. I really like the eyeliner tip where you could actually draw natural looking hair like strokes! Being smudge & water proof makes it unforgettable.
(5) Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eye Shadow Quad in Candeur et Experience – I’ve said this in the past and say it again. This is the eye shadow palette of the season! I picked it up thinking this would be great for night out but no. It’s a day-to-night palette. Seriously worth the money & one of my best purchases of the year. Complete review can be found at Chanel’s Fall Collection post.
Skin care wise it was such a shitty month! My skin was crazy-dry, zero glow with sagging pores – yuck! Naturally I had to up the game and I literally stick around on the prevent mode with these 3 products.
(6) Zelens Transformer Instant Renewal Mask (travel size) – Oh baby! This gives you results! That too instantly. So tell me what’s not to love about? I used it as a mid-week pick me up mask and gradually moved to twice a week. It takes away the yuckiness and leaves you with a lovely sheen ( the glow as I would like to call it) and importantly rested skin! That’s all I care about.
Say hello to new skin care! I’m new to the brand but trust me these are potent.
(7) Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 GEL – was my daily moisturizer! After NIOD’s MMHC (Multi Molecular Hyaluronic Complex) spell, this was nothing but splendid. Oil-free liquid just sank right into the skin and never messed my makeup. I find it’s best for combination skins as it adds the right amount of moisture without unsettling + packed with HA.
(8) Skinceuticals AOX+ EYE GEL – is that one product which literally tackled my under eye puffiness & lighten the dark circles. Great as a morning eye serum so it gets to work on what it does best. I would still think its pricey considering other high-end eye products but overall a winner.
Have you tried any? How was your September?