The new cleansers contain some active ingredients that help the skin in many ways. Also there are many textures as well. Oils, balms & forming mousse etc. For everyday gel / mousse formulas work well. This again depending on the skin type. I personally prefer gel for everyday use & balms for the weekends.
So here is my collection of cleansers that I use & love:
- Eve Lom Cleanser – This is a award wining powerhouse & a luxurious version of cleanser. It melts away the makeup & impurities on contact leaving the skin feeling squeezy clean after a thorough deep cleanse. Check my complete review HERE
- Murad Vitalic Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser – Bought this part of my feel unique hauls. I have to say more I discover Murad more I fall in love with it…very straightforward equation 🙂 Product wise this is a 2-in-1 cleanser. It cleanses & tones at the same time making it so convenient to use. However, it leaves the skin a tad bit dry so wouldn’t recommend it for dry-skins but perfect for oily / combination types.
- Lancome Gel Eclat Clarifying cleanser (pearly foam) – is my top scorer for everyday use. Its creamy, sticky and white formula foams up into pearly mouse to remove most toughest makeup (including waterproof mascara). As all Lancome products, Gel Eclat is also slightly frangranced. It does a great job at keeping my skin clear, without being harsh or stripping it of moisture, and without irritating it in any way. Specifically targeted for sensitive skin but suits everyone. Pea size is all you need and I’ve been using this cleanser for more 8 months now 🙂
- Lush Angles on Bare Skin Cleanser – Though it is a homely cleanser : it is indeed not the most convenient one to use. Formla wise it’s a mix of ground almond and kaolin clay with rose absolute and lavender oil. The ground almond acts as a gentle exfoliant while the rose and lavender oils whisk away any excess sebum, and the kaolin clay acts as a gentle cleanser suitable for all skin types. In my opinion (based on the experience with the product) this is just best to maintain the skin and not as a makeup removing cleanser. However this stuff is awesome in giving you a super soft smooth skin minus excess oil. Prefect to use during weekends when you have extra time to get messy with it whilst giving a break for your rest hi-tech cleansers.
- Nutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit cleanser – I raved so much about it in my complete review here 🙂
- Elemis Pro-collagen cleansing balm – Cleansing balms are the buzz word at the moment when it comes to skincare. And Elemis joined the balm cleanser bandwagon by releasing this newbie in June. Texture wise, it’s a soft thick butter-like balm. I apply it directly to my skin, massaging it all over and it melts down quickly allowing me to distribute it evenly. As with most Elemis products it smells divine! The smell is so luxurious and relaxing and it makes the product an absolute pleasure to use. This isn’t the cleanser that you would like to use in the morning while rushing to work as it is a soothing, nice pampering treatment that requires more time and should enjoy. Apart from using as a cleanser this is also great as a mask and leaves my skin feeling skin and soft afterwards.
- Murad Essential C cleanser – This clear gel based cleanser with tiny orange micro beads does know how to get in to good books with every skin tone. See the complete review of the product here
- Bio Derma Sebium Purifying & foaming gel cleanser – This foaming gel cleanser is targeted toward oily/combination skin types and that is me. It easily removed every tiny bit of makeup. It is non-drying, soap free, and hypoallergenic. Easy to use and good to go 🙂 I must say the quality of my skin has vastly improved, so take that those who say that a cleanser doesn’t matter! It is my Holy Grail (HG) of cleanser 🙂
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser – I received the sample bottle via July Glam box. Product wise Purity is a 4-in-1 facial cleanser that remove both face and eye makeup, gently cleanse and tone the skin while lightly hydrating it… all in one quick and easy step. It is indeed a HG product among many bloggers & beauty experts but till now I’m trying to understand the hype about it. Its not because Purity isn’t a bad cleanser: actually it is a great one in all beauty essence but it isn’t good enough to get in to my best lists or favourite status. May be it is too gentle for my skin.
As promised here is the first post on “Skin 101” series. I started with the cleansers and will move on to toners, scrubs, masks etc etc. What are your favourites? Have you tried any of these cleansers?