Hello, and welcome to the second edition of weekend beauty chitter-chatter. This is a series of posts where I chit-chat little bit of everything & anything starting from makeup to skin care and what I’ve been up to lately.
- Update: Say hello on snapchat (@beauty banker). I was since last year but took a while to figure out this reality-snapping tool. Better late than never they say so expect sneak peaks, mini reviews, skin care routine and everything in between .
- Currently obsessed with? Tom Ford Purple Noon (reviewed here). I can’t be more happier with the union. It’s been really long since I was this attracted to a lipstick. Let’s just say – we good for life.
- What’s cooking? Drafted a new blog post on ‘3 disappointing skin care products”! They aren’t worth the hype. Will be up this week.
- Recent purchases? Well I had to have Glossier haloscope highlighters. They are insanely beautiful & universally flattering. I bought both the Topaz & Quartz. Expect the review soon & till then, just grab before they are gone.
- In the wish list – Promo photos of Fall makeup collections has made their appearances. I’m already excited for Chanel Le Rouge No.1 Collection,
- Beauty confession: Lastly – here’s the thing – even bloggers like me get stuck in makeup rut often than not. Thanks to these products I nail my boring, simple but easy – signature makeup look. And today was one of those days! Here’s a quick run down of the products.
- Primer – First I start with the lovely Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer which is amazing on oily-combination skin. Oil free. Which means no shine, it doesn’t emphasizes my large pores plus foundation goes on really smooth and doesn’t crease.
- Foundation – Chantecaille Future Skin® Oil Free Gel Foundation in Wheat – not a mask-like foundation! Hence the love. Want to buy? (Reviewed here)
- Corrector – BECCA Cosmetics Backlight Targeted Color Corrector in Peach – not the best texture to work but it corrects my hideous dark circles like a dream.
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Biscuit & Caramel is my go-to always.(Reviewed here)
- Eye shadow / highlight – NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette – is the most used palette in my stash. I use Laguna (bronzer) on the lids for a natural look & Miss Liberty on high points on the face & inner corners of the eyes.
- Mascara – Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara in Glossy Black – 2 coats is all you need to revamp the scanty lashes. Love this for easy days.
- I dust Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in NO.30 on the t-zone and also use to set the concealer.
- Fill in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Soft Brown and go bit heavier on the arch for a natural look. This a softer version of Tom Ford Espresso Brow Sculptor.
- Blush – Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blush in Love Glow – Gorgeous shade that brings life to your cheeks. Long lasting. Think of NARS Orgasm with zero shimmer. This is that.
- Contour – MAC Matchmaster Concealer in #9 – this is the darkest shade in the range. Thin creamy concealer is easy to blend and buff in.
- Lip liner – MAC Boldly Bare Lip Liner – everyone needs this liner. It’s always sold out everywhere so it becomes a must have 🙂
- Lipstick –MAC Matte Taupe – one of the perfect nudes I’ve tried. Hunting starts now as I need this in my life.
That’s it from me. See you next weekend.