Whether you travel, be at home, visiting friends or doing anything exciting in your day offs – weekend makeup is crucial. I of course don’t wear much makeup during my weekends because I simply cant be too bothered about eye shadow, liner or foundation. Mainly weekend is usually my day off from the beauty world & product testing. I let myself have a little fun and don’t worry too much about what I put on my face.
Basically, I like to keep it simple (rather neutral) as possible and letting my skin breathe. More like an ultra-minimalistic look. So it doesn’t get any better than illuminating primer, pressed powder, cream blush, brow gel, concealer & mascara. So I’ve pared down to 6 products and I’m more likely done in good 3-4 minutes’. However my 6 beauties actually leave me looking well rested & pretty.
Otherwise I cant live without my Rayban clubMaster sunglasses , Tiffany interlocking rings necklace, Cartier watch & my simple yet cheap bracelet from Accessories. I finish off all my weekend looks by spritzing a good amount of D&G Light Blue.
Here are my weekend makeup picks in detail:
- Elemis Pro-radiance Illuminating Flash Balm – Don’t be fooled – this isn’t a product that is close to Clarins Beauty Flash Balm though it has similar properties. It is more illunminating, loaded with anti-aging goods, feels much cooler & smells absolutely refreshing than the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I didnt find any sparkly or luminecsing particles although the product is branded as a FB that Illuninates. It gives an amazing base, more even tone, brighter, healthier skin without being greasy. In other words it just make the skin look radiant in a jiffy and I think the Illuminating is where it works best. I use this as my moituriser & primer during the weekends and then apply the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder. It didnt give me a cakey textue at all. As a makeup artist this is such a multifunctionla product. It is value for money and works well on skin types. Price AED 265/-
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder – Gives me the most natural finish & create the same sheer effect as the loose setting powder. It has a light coverage and works extremly well with my weekend makeup roll. Click for the complete review here.
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Black Noir – I’m not looking to create volumanising lashers during the weekend. Just long-looking lashes that doesnt budge and look so great after one coat. And Chanel does deliver 🙂 See my complete review here.
- Illamasqa Cream Blush in Dixie – This is my favourite blush for the past couple of months. It is beautiful and gives me a nice pink flush. I just use my finger tips & nicely blend for a natural finish. It has been upgraded to my ‘I can’t live without‘ list and I recommend it to everyone. See the complete review of the blush here.
- Mac Conclear in NW35 : A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Works well enough to conceal and correct my under-eye circles, and discolorations.
- Bobbie Brown Brow Gel in Brown : Great product to keep your brows in place. Has a very natural finish, looks polished & groomed. The product applies slightly wet but doesn’t even take a minute to dry.
Here are my other weekend essentials in detail:
- Rayban Clubmaster sunglasses – The frames are very 50 & 80’s. The best part about these retro-looking shades is that their throwback cool works on everyone, making you the movie star, the top model & the rebel 🙂 Basically it makes you stand out from the rest of the crowd and goes well with simple jeans & t or with a office attire.
- Tiffany rose & white gold interlocking rings necklace – This was my first Christmas gift from Mr Beauty Banker. Do I need to say how much I love this 🙂
- Cartier watch – Classic everyday watch.
- Accessories Bracelet – Red & gold works well with most of my outfits. It simple, sturdy & chic.
- D & G Light Blue Perfume – Im more than in love with this fresh scent. See my complete review here.